Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Secret of Wattensaw Bayou back from the editor!

I', proud to say that The Secret of Wattensaw Bayou is back from the first round of editing! 

The head editor send this to my publisher at Blue Water Publications, "The Wattensaw book is excellent. Great story, and I am in love with Ep!"

It is gratifying, yet humbling, to have a truly impartial and unsolicited comment like this.

I've only reviewed the first chapter or so, but the corrections/suggestions are mild ones and mainly grammatical in nature.  The editor has not clobbered me on the dialect, for she understands that those peculiar spellings are important to the story.  I'll have a chance to agree or disagree with each comment and then send it back for another round.  From what I see so far, the second round may not be necessary.

A very good friend has volunteered to help with the cover art and possibly some simple illustrations for the inside.  I can't wait to see the finished product!

Also, this blog reached a milestone today with its 1,000th visitor!

The traffic analysis that Blogger.com provides me shows visitors from the US, Canada, UK, Germany, Russia, Japan, Argentina and Angola.  My thanks to everyone who has shared links to this site and recommended it to friends.   Please officially "Follow" the blog.  See the link at the top right.

Thanks

M.E. Hubbs

No comments:

Post a Comment